What’s great about having a proprietary system is that it becomes what I call an “Accordion Talk” where you could deliver a 25-minute talk or two hours or a full day. It all depends on how much time you have for the presentation.
The key is to provide a lot of content and value so the audience feels like they want to work with you, but – not give away the “how”. Follow this template and you can stretch it to fill as much time as you have for the workshop.
- Tell your compelling story which can take 2-minutes or you can stretch it to 10 or 15-minutes if you have plenty of time. Throw in some juicy details to make it very engaging and set yourself up as an expert.
- Talk about their struggles and go through the different reasons why this happens. Spend time describing why people in the audience are not getting the results they want.
- Paired Shares give people a chance to relate the information to themselves by sharing the reasons why they are not succeeding. You give them 3-5 minutes to share with the person next to them.
- Breakthrough Sharing allows a few individuals to share their breakthroughs – this can take another 10-minutes or so.
- Present your system one section at a time. Go through the steps of your system section by section. Be sure to focus on the “what” vs. the “how” so you leave them wanting to know more.
- Add client examples of how your clients used the information to be successful, which helps the audience understand how they too will benefit. It helps make your steps real and applicable to those listening. And some people learn better with success stories since they demonstrate how it all works.
- Make It Personal and have them journal. Ask the audience how what you have just covered pertains to them. Have them journal for three to five minutes on how it impacts them.
- Conduct “Hot Seats” with a volunteer from the audience after you’ve gone over a chunk of the presentation. This showcases what you do in front of the crowd, coaching the individual on the spot. This adds a lot of excitement and can take another 15-minutes – each time you do it.
Each one of these elements gives the audience the opportunity to work through the material so they don’t have to do it later. Plus, it provides real value as people think about what you are saying and how it applies to them. This anchors the information, reinforcing and deepening the learning which is extremely valuable.
Your Client Attraction Assignment
Have you offered workshops yet? This is a great marketing tool because it gives people a sample of what you do, showcases your skill and knowledge, and provides people with real value at a low cost. Develop your own two-hour workshop, then market it and present it to attract new clients.
Now, if you’re just starting out and trying to fill your practice in the FIRST place, then follow a step-by-step system that feels easy and authentic to you. The Client Attraction Home Study System™ gives you the most important things to do to set up simple, solid systems, so that you consistently fill your pipeline and continually get new clients. It’s all step-by-step, not a big mishmash of things. So, you do step one of the system, and when you’re done with that, you move on to step two, and so on. All the tools, scripts, templates, and examples are handed to you on a silver platter. Easy. You can get it at TheClientAttractionSystem.com.
Fabienne Fredrickson, The Client Attraction Mentor, is founder of the Client Attraction System®, the proven step-by-step program that shows you exactly how to attract more clients, in record time...guaranteed. To get your F.R.E.E. Audio CD by mail and receive her weekly marketing & success mindset articles on attracting more high-paying clients and dramatically increasing your income, enter your email address below right away.